WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We are so glad you chose MACK to look after your hairdressing needs and we get the opportunity to make you look good and feel fantastic.
We want you to be reassured that the personal information we hold about you as our customer is respected and safe.
Mack Salon (I) & (II) Limited is our “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that we will:
– Only use your details lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
– We will not use your details in any way that is incompatible with the services we provide
– We will keep your details accurate and up to date.
– We will keep your personal information securely
In connection with your visit to us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
– The information you have provided at the time of making your appointment including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender and connection to other customers such as family members.
– Details of the treatments and services provided and products sold to you to make sure we know what you might like next time
– Your payment details
– Your likes and dislikes to enhance your visit with us
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
– Your image via a photograph taken with your express consent
– Information regarding an Allergy Alert Test taken including date taken and any adverse reactions
– Information about your health, including any allergies or health issues that affect you when you visit the salon such as mobility issues or fainting issues purely to ensure that you are taken care of and any health issues are taken account of during your visit.
– Your image on our cctv system for security purposes only
We only collect this data to ensure we act in our customer’s best interests and to protect the business and ensure the business operates in the best possible way.
We will not share other personal information with any other party unless we have to for health and safety reasons or to process payments made for the services provided or otherwise perform our contract with you.
At times the Director’s of Mack Salon may be abroad and then and only then will we process your information outside of the EU/EEA in order to obtain their input on matters but when that does occur, adequate levels of protection will be put in place to meet your rights and freedoms in relation to the processing of your information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed other than in the promotional manner described in relation to your photograph. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will you use my information for?
Whilst you are still regularly attending the salon we will keep current details of you but if we have not heard from you after 6 years we will remove your data. We retain most of your personal information for that period simply to protect the Company against any claim for personal injury or discrimination. After this time, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to have a copy of the information, ask for it to be corrected or object to the processing of the information. Sometimes you can ask for the suspension of processing the information or for the information to be transferred to someone else.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Manager of the Salon in writing.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO.